This course is designed to cover the fundamental skills and procedures required to provide personal protection to executives in the corporate setting, members of private families, celebrities or other prominent individuals in need of professional protection services. The two-day program is intended for the full range of student interest, from entry-level to seasoned practitioners. It can serve as detailed introduction to the executive protection profession, as well as an intensive refresher course for veteran executive protection personnel.
– Learn the fundamentals of executive protection’s underlying philosophies and the mind-set that drives both the protection specialist and a professional protection program
– Understand what it takes to succeed in this highly specialized profession, and how to prepare for an entry-level position
– Develop the benchmarks of a thorough advance survey and participate in a table top exercise
– Know what is meant by the “choreography of protection” and understand its critical significance
– Review residential, work place and transportation security elements and current, real-world issues
– Learn the fundamentals and the nuances of domestic and international travel security
– Examine transportation security issues and the bullet-resistant vehicle
– Learn counter-surveillance techniques and their application to the modern executive protection method
– Learn how to manage and direct an executive protection detail
Emergency Extraction of the Principal
In a global economy, business opportunities sometimes lie in dangerous locales. Extracting a protectee from a dangerous place requires careful planning in advance and complex maneuvers on-site.
Executive Protection Orientation
This introduction dispels the negative view of the bodyguard and introduces the concept of the executive protection specialist.
The foundation of all protection programs is the formulation and analysis of the data and intelligence needed to establish a framework for the development of the protective effort.
The critical stage of protection is the advance. Receive an in-depth analysis of the advance survey, pre-departure preparations, etc. A tabletop exercise allows students to decide up on, provide for, and properly execute the advance.
Choreography of Protection
Learn the proper positioning required to support the concentric theory of protection
Learn techniques that support the protective effort by watching the watchers.
Working with Foreign Security Providers
Learn how to develop a network of foreign security contacts so as to avoid the pitfalls and challenges that can affect the principalâ€™s security.
Detecting Armed Adversaries
Learn the characteristics of the Armed Gunman by being able to tell if a person is carrying a concealed weapon. How do you tell whether an armed person is a friend (law enforcement) or foe?
Focus on automobile security: selecting the right vehicle, examining limitations and advantages, securing vehicles against attack, and conducting a proper search. Bullet-resistant vehicles and their components will also be covered.
The Lone Gunman
Understand the thinking and behavior of individuals who have attacked or approached prominent public figures in the United States and then discuss protective intelligence strategies.
Managing and Directing an Executive Protection Program
With it’s 24 hour operations, unpredictable conditions, multiplicity of details, and life and death stakes, executive protection shares many characteristics with the military and law enforcement professions. Examine the most critical leadership behaviors and how a good leader performs.